Just a quick update to say that I’ve completely rewritten and restructured the section on display scaling and filter options in my WinUAE guide. Although it began life as step-by-step instructions for building a persistent emulated Amiga to play WHDLoad games, I’ve expanded the guide over the years to also include general tips on using and configuring WinUAE.
Some of the changes include:
- added in some new annotated screen grabs of the WinUAE GUI
- more background on Amiga game resolutions and how these were displayed on analogue screens
- more detailed instructions on different scaling approaches, including:
- upscaling while still preserving the Amiga pixel aspect ratio
- upscaling to produce a 4:3 aspect ratio
- upscaling to fill your entire display
- some lovely screenshots of Lemmings and Super Stardust to illustrate scaling methods
Hopefully, the section is now more informative, easier to follow, and better illustrated.